(no subject)
Jul. 25th, 2017 07:38 pmPlaying Superhot some more, I'm starting to get the hang of it. Despite the time slowdown, you can sometimes paint yourself into a corner and be totally effed- particularly if you have too many enemies on you at once. Then you get into a situation where there's no where to move to dodge. And occasionally I don't see the trajectory of the incoming bullet right and dodge wrong.
Like sometimes the natural inclination is to continue dodging in the same direction, but since the enemy continues to aim at you, zig-zagging back and forth seems to yield better results.
Also, I've noticed that sometimes its quicker to toss your current gun at a baddie and grab theirs instead of waiting for it to reload. Which does make for dynamic combat scenarios. I like that things aren't set. Like the opening scenario seems to always be the same, and the baddies appear in the same places, but they can end up wielding different weapons. So its not always a matter of following a script and replaying the scenario until you get it exactly right, since one time they might show up shooting you with a shotgun, other times they'll come at you with a katana. So you react differently, which in turn causes the bad guys to act differently.
Of course, the more annoying thing is I looked at a faq to see if there was anything to those various menu options, and learned there are secrets in every level. So you're apparently not supposed to kill everyone until you find a computer terminal you can interact with.
Argh, sounds like I'll have to beat the game to unlock level select to replay those levels. Not that I mind, its a fun game.
Like sometimes the natural inclination is to continue dodging in the same direction, but since the enemy continues to aim at you, zig-zagging back and forth seems to yield better results.
Also, I've noticed that sometimes its quicker to toss your current gun at a baddie and grab theirs instead of waiting for it to reload. Which does make for dynamic combat scenarios. I like that things aren't set. Like the opening scenario seems to always be the same, and the baddies appear in the same places, but they can end up wielding different weapons. So its not always a matter of following a script and replaying the scenario until you get it exactly right, since one time they might show up shooting you with a shotgun, other times they'll come at you with a katana. So you react differently, which in turn causes the bad guys to act differently.
Of course, the more annoying thing is I looked at a faq to see if there was anything to those various menu options, and learned there are secrets in every level. So you're apparently not supposed to kill everyone until you find a computer terminal you can interact with.
Argh, sounds like I'll have to beat the game to unlock level select to replay those levels. Not that I mind, its a fun game.